No one was hurt in an early morning fire at a three-story townhouse in Adams Township.
Captain Al Minjock of the Adams Area Fire District said crews were alerted about 6:15 a.m. to the three-story residence on East Vanderbilt Drive.
“No flames were visible from the outside of the structure but there was moderate smoke,” Minjock said.
Crews were able to get inside and quickly extinguish the blaze. Firefighters from four departments were on scene for a little over an hour.
Minjock says no one was hurt.
“Smoke alarms went off and alerted the residents,” he said. “They were able to evacuate very easily.”
The townhome is livable. Damage is estimated at $12,000, according to Minjock. The fire has been ruled a dryer fire.
Written By: Kayla Molczan for the Butler Radio Network