A man has filed a lawsuit against popular area amusement park Kennywood claiming he contracted an eye-eating parasite after getting splashed on a water ride.
Robert and Krystina Trostle claim in their suit filed Tuesday that he contracted the parasite while riding the Raging Rapids at Kennywood Park on July 2.
Robert Trostle claims his eye became inflamed and he was diagnosed with acute conjunctivitis. His symptoms worsened, and in mid-July he was diagnosed with another condition and had to endure what he called “an extremely painful surgery” that still wasn’t able to completely remove the parasite. He says he still suffers from pain and blurry vision in his left eye.
The lawsuit alleges negligence and is seeking more than $35,000 in damages.