DID YOU KNOW:
About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
In 2019, an estimated 268,600 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with 62,930 new cases of non-invasive breast cancer.
Besides skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women.
About 85% of breast cancers occur in women who have no family history of breast cancer. These occur due to genetic mutations that happen as a result of the aging process and life in general, rather than inherited mutations.
LOWER YOUR RISK:
Eat Healthy • Exercise • Limit Alcohol • Limit your exposure to chemicals such as parabens and phthalates • Quit Smoking • Maintain a healthy weight • Get annual screenings
Get more information at breastcancer.org
The Butler Radio Network and these local businesses are proud to support Breast Cancer Awareness
- The Law Offices of Dillon, McCandless, King, Coulter & Graham
- Lyndora Auto Sales, Hansen Avenue
- Double Image Styling Salon
- Steve’s Auto Body
- Schneider’s One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning
- Butler Ambulance Service
- Martin Funeral Home
- RAM Automotive, Powell Road, Butler
- Butler Power Equipment, Pittsburgh Road, Butler
- Valencia Donut Co.
- Butler Tires For Less
- First Bike Motorsports, donating $50 to Breast Cancer research for every vehicle sold in October.
- Diehl Toyota
- Camissa’a Autobody
- Butler Center for Performing Arts
- Balouris Eye Center
- Troy Alan Chervolet Buick GMC in Slippery Rock
- Budget Blinds, where we have a style and service for your budget
- All About Reclaimed
- Sir Speedy Printing Center
- BHS women’s Imaging Center
- BHS women’s care associates
- C W Howard Insurance Agency