A malfunctioning fire sprinkler caused some problems inside the Butler County Government Center in downtown Butler over the weekend.
Butler City firefighters were called to the building about 1:30 p.m. Saturday after receiving an automatic alarm. When they got inside the building, they reportedly found several inches of water inside the commissioners public meeting room.
Inside that room are several chairs and tables, and the commissioners’ podium, which were all also drenched.
It’s unclear what prompted the sprinkler to go off. It’s also unclear how many gallons of water were sprayed.