No one was injured in a late Sunday night fire in Winfield Township.
A neighbor called 911 about 9:45 p.m. after he noticed a man’s van on fire next to his modular, double-wide trailer on Keasey Road in Cabot.
The homeowner was able to get out safely, but the fire jumped from the van to the home…and proceeded to catch about half the house on fire.
Saxonburg Fire Chief Chris Ballina said the other half of the home likely has water damage. The structure is currently not livable.
Several fire departments were called to the scene. Many remained there until about 2 a.m. Monday.
“We think the battery may have shorted-out in the van, which caused the initial fire,” Ballina said Monday morning.