It’s that time of year again- tax season.
The Center for Community Resources (CCR) will begin taking appointments this week for their VITA program, which stands for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.
The program is sponsored by CCR and provides individuals and families who have an annual income under $50,000 per year with free tax preparation services and e-filing.
IRS-certified volunteer tax preparers will be stationed at several sites throughout Butler County and beyond this season.
- Center for Community Resources: at 212-214 S. Main Street, Butler
- Slippery Rock University’s SEA Building: 165 Elm Street, Slippery Rock, PA
- Cranberry Township Building: 2525 Rochester Road, Cranberry, Township, PA
- Harvest Community Church: 143 Reed Road, Kittanning, PA
- St. Luke’s Lutheran School: 330 Hannahstown Road, Cabot, PA
- Trinity Lutheran Church: 120 Sunset Drive, Butler PA
For eligibility screening and appointment scheduling, call the VITA Appointment Line at 724-431-3767.