Thousands gathered in downtown Butler Saturday to watch the 55th annual Spirit of Christmas Parade.
Nearly 60 floats, marching bands and balloons traveled down Main Street during the annual nighttime parade. Santa & Mrs. Claus were also there to officially welcome the Christmas season into Butler.
The fun started early Saturday at the Butler Library with literacy activities, as well as a petting zoo at the New Castle Street Plaza, and a synthetic ice-skating rink in Peoples’ parking lot off Main Street.
The Butler City Firefighters offered free hot chocolate and gave tours of their station and their trucks.
The parade will be re-broadcast on Armstrong Cable throughout the month of December.
- Best Overall: North Street Christian Church
- Most Original: Butler County Dairy Promotion
- Best Use of Lights: Hillcrest Baptist Church
- Best Overall: Clear Choice Enterprises
- Most Original: Minick Tree Service and Slabs
- Best Use of Lights: Berkshire Hathaway
- Best Overall: Miss Saxonburg