The Butler Transit Authority is moving ahead with construction plans for a facility expansion.
The Authority’s Board of Directors accepted several bids from contractors to perform the work at their Hollywood Drive building that will include a new waiting area and park and ride area for commuter service. It will also allow for true multi-modal access and display cases for memorabilia from Pullman Standard.
Those agreements were made for general contracting services at just under $2 million, electrical contacting at $356,000, mechanical contracting at $179,000, and plumbing at $62,000. A total of nearly $3 million will be spent on this project with 80% of funding coming from the federal government and the other 20% from state and local sources.
The project is expected to begin sometime around the middle of March and be completed within one year.