Cranberry Township residents will not see any new taxes in next year’s projected budget.
The recent proposal was put forward at the latest township meeting. Officials believe that the balanced budget will lead to infrastructure improvements, capital projects, and focusing on parks.
According to the supervisors, the budget will address the following issues:
- Phase II of the Fox Run sewer and stormwater improvements designed to reduce flooding during significant storm events
- Design for the Brush Creek Water Pollution Control Facility solids handling process
- Comprehensive Infiltration and Inflow (I&I) study to reduce extraneous flows in the sewer system
- Design and construction of the Franklin Acres pump station and force-main project
- System integrity improvements in water pumping capacity and water distribution system
- Continued efforts to meet state-mandated MS4 requirements
Some of the park projects include the completion of a comprehensive parks plan, a future for the golf course master plan, and the installation of a seasonal pickleball air dome.
The final budget will go before the board on December 8th.